Criminal Record Check Procedure
CNCS Learn & Serve criminal record check policy states "criminal history checks are required for all individuals receiving a living allowance, stipend, national service educational award, or salary through a program receiving assistance under the national service laws—regardless of the type of service the individual is performing or the individual’s access to vulnerable populations" please follow the following criminal record check procedure:
Washington residents must fill out the The WA State Background Check Authorization Form
Oregon residents must fill out the Background Check Authorization Form
- Idaho residents must fill out the ID State Background Check Authorization
- Once the participant has signed the Authorization form, please fax or email form to your program officer in WA/ID or Oregon.
- Your program officer will order the criminal record check and complete the sex offender registry check
- Any grant participant that has a record of being a sex offender or has a murder conviction is ineligible to work with NWSI. All other criminal record histories will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis to determine their eligibility to work with the NWSI program.
- Please keep the original Criminal Record Check Authorization Form in a file in a secure location along with your other Learn & Serve program files.