How to Apply for SNAP benefits (Food Stamps)
As an AmeriCorps member, you are generally entitled food assistance (no more than $200/month) as long as you do not prepare food or grocery shop with someone you live with.
Documents you will DEFINITELY need when applying:
- Food Stamp Letter of Introduction for AmeriCorps Member from us
- We will email you a letter which verifies you are an AmeriCorps member serving with the Retention Project sponsored by Washington Campus Compact.
Other items you might want to have available when applying include:
- Housing Agreement or Lease
- Bring a copy that has the rent amount written out.
- Birth Certificate or Social Security Card
- Copies of any monthly utility bills that you pay including cell, car insurance, electricity, water, gas, trash, etc.
- Current Bank Statement(s)
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Retention Project Leader, Farrin Foss, at (360) 650-6253.09.25.2012